Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Raccoon Saga Continues...

My husband thinks he's a pretty funny guy.  He went to a gun show today to sell some of his guns, and came home with these "raccoon targets", you know, thinking he'd be helpful and all.  Har, har. 

Anyhow, my day was pretty full, Steph spent the night, we had stayed up late watching the movie "Salt", which was good. When JJ woke up we sent him out to the living room to pester her so that we could catch a few more minutes of sleep.  I rather liked the setup, personally.  She made him mac n cheese and nuggets for breakfast.  Then she wanted to go do something with him, so I gave her the Toys R Us gift card and she went there to pick him up a Play-Doh station that I've been wanting to get for him for quite a few weeks now.  He of course, came home with not only that, but yet another truck and a squirt gun.  I love it how all my relatives and family buy him the toys that we as parents have to then censor, "No you may not squirt that gun inside the house, no you may not shoot it at the cat, no you may not shoot it at people..."  So we have to be the bad guys while his Aunt Teffi is his hero.  lol.  

While they were out, I was husbandless and childless, so I got my get-r-done face on and went crazy on my house and the barn.  I LOVE the pace at which I work when I have no JJ-child around.  It feels like warp speed.  I adore how it feels to just get so much done.  It's like when I used to ride my bike and pull the little Doodlebug trailer with him and all his "luggage", over time I'd get used to how much work it took just to go a moderate speed.  Yet when I'd unhook it and ride freely, it felt like flying!  I guess that's the way it is in life, too.  Who knew.  

Nicole and Abby Thomas came to visit today!  It was so great to see them again.  Magdalene was also out and we all got to go riding, it was good fun, a great afternoon.  We hung up our whiteboard in the tack room after it had gotten taken down months ago, put up a calendar, got some more things organized.  Yay, I love organization.  I don't think I'm quite at the OCD-level, but almost.  I'm not sure exactly what it is, but my mood/energy level/quality of work is directly connected to my environment around me.  If it's a wreck, I'm a frustrated, pathetic mess.  If it's neat, organized, clean, pretty... I'm on fire and unstoppable!  The better it is, the better I am.  This is why I dream of my own place one day where I can have it all my way, my dream-perfect way, everything thought out and engineered to the hilt for production and organization.  So that alone seems to be my motivation at keeping up with my surroundings.  It's why I stay up late to finish the last of the laundry, or to windex the bathroom mirror, because with it done I sleep better, and then in the morning when I wake up to clean, I feel better, I am better.  And at some point during the day when I walk into the bathroom and see the clean mirror, sink and counter top, I have an instant energy-boost just because it's clean!!  I'm pretty sure this trait was born with me, because even when I was kid, I loved nothing more than to clean my room super good or to go out and spend hours and hours and hours in the barn cleaning and organizing all my horse stuff.  Here's something you probably never wanted to know about me, the smell of bleach almost does the same thing to me as does the smell of coffee!

All right, it's getting late and I'm sharing too many secrets.  Going shooting tomorrow at the range; gonna blast the crap out of that stupid raccoon target, just because. 


No comments:

Post a Comment