Thursday, December 1, 2011

After my post on the issue of horse slaughter here in the states, I've had 128 views and multiple re-posts from horse professionals I am friends of.  Feeling a little bolstered by some late-afternoon coffee and adrenaline from a subject that I'm very passionate about, I took the blog post and re-worked it and submitted it to two national equestrian publications.  I would really like to get a regular job as a writer or get paid to write or blog somehow in areas of my expertise and passion.  So I figured, let's start somewhere.  :)

I've had very little energy lately during the recuperation phase after being sick, so even the little things are exhausting to me.  I did spend time in the barn this afternoon getting some horses clipped.  While clipping Sammy one could almost sing, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" for the sheer amount of white hair that the clippers were slicing away from the backs of his legs, fetlocks, and from under his chin.  Winter hair is a beast and I do not enjoy any part of it.

On the other end of the spectrum, Drama and BB who grow virtually no winter coat at all just needed some touching-up.  BB and I are still working through the clipping issues, and he's coming along marvelously.  

After my lessons with Eryn, Magdalene and Ansley I longed BB out in the arena and then the girls offered to help ride Drama and Sammy because my stamina was shot for the day.  Rhonda was out in the barn all day putting up a beautiful Christmas tree in the tack room and hanging lights and other decorations.  I'm not in any way a fan of the holiday festivities and decor, but as long as someone else is doing it, it's okay.  My one favorite Christmas t-shirt says, "Bah-hum-bug" on it.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment